Quite Possibly the Best Chickpeas
- 500 g Dried chickpeas
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 6 pcs garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp strips lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Latino Bella Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine chickpeas, onion, garlic, lemonzest, oil, and a couple big pinches of salt in a large pot.
- Add 2 quarts water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally and replacing any water that evaporates, until chickpeas aretender, about 2 hours.
- Taste and season generously with salt and pepper. Let cool.