Beef Barley Soup
- 1500 g Beef shoulder cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Latino Bella Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 8 cups Beef stock
- 120 g Tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup celery diced
- 3 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 cup pearl barley well rinsed
- 6 large garlic cloves chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 170 g mushroom sliced
- 1/2 salt & pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp Latino Bella Olive Oil in large skillet set over medium heat, add beef and cook until well browned.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer beef to larges tockpot. Add stock, tomato pasta, celery, carrots, onion, barley, garlic, bay leaves, mushroom, and salt and pepper to taste, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour or until beef is very tender and starting to shred. Ladle into large bowls.